Dragon Peaks Mountain Resort is located in the beautiful Central Drakensberg, Champagne Valley, the heart of the majestic Drakensberg mountains (a World Heritage Site) of KwaZulu-Natal Province, South Africa. Only two and a half hours from Durban and three and a half hours from Johannesburg, they are ideally located for weekend getaways, perfect for family holidays and mini conferences.
Dragon Peaks offers a variety of accommodation options to suit all tastes whether you are wanting a self catering chalet or camping sites.
There are many fully equipped Self-Catering Cottages as well as cheaper Park Homes and Camping sites with space enough for all to find tranquility and rejuvenation. There is a restaurant that serves delicious food and a bar on site.
Activities on Site:
- Drakensberg Adventure Centre is situated at Dragon Peaks, they have a huge variety of activities to offer, enquire with us for a quote.
- Tennis Courts with a thatched boma for spectators. Rackets and balls are available for hire.
- TV Lounge, For a quiet alternative to the Pub.
- Volleyball Court, they have a grass volleyball court.
- Swimming pool with slides for children
- Helicopter trips leave from the resort.
- Horse riding, there is a large herd of 24 horses.
- Kiddies playground with several swings, a jungle gym and three trampolines.
- Games room with three pool tables, two table tennis tables, eight arcade machines and a soccer table.
- Fishing, there are four dams of varying sizes on the property located within easy walking distance. These dams are populated with bass and no restrictions apply to their fishing. Guests need to supply their own equipment.
- Hiking, Several trails wind around the estate
- During holiday seasons and often during long weekends the resort staff runs an entertainment program for adults, teenagers and children alike.
Please see below for the different accommodation that is offered:
CARAVAN AND CAMPING SITES: MAXIMUM OF 8 PEOPLE PER SITE. ONE VEHICLE INCLUDED. All with braais, 15 or 16A electric points with TV Plugs.
MOUNTAIN BASE: Group facility with communal ablution blocks, communal kitchen, dining room, pub area, fireplace and ample parking.There are dormitories as well as 20 two bed cabins. No bedding or towels are supplied. One teacher’s room with two singles and own bathroom. The building can accommodate up to 100 people.
PLETTENBERG PARK HOMES – BUDGET 4 SLEEPER UNITS
Two bedrooms, one with double bed, other with two small single beds, lounge, kitchen/dinette shower and verandah, parking in front of the unit.
DRAKENSBERG PARK HOMES – 4 TO 5 SLEEPERS
Two bedrooms, one with double bed, other with two single beds or double bunk and single bed, lounge kitchen/dinette, bathroom with bath and verandah, parking alongside the unit
MALUTI LOG CABINS – 4 SLEEPERS
Two bedrooms, one with double bed, other with two single beds, lounge, kitchen/dinette, bathroom with bath and separate shower and verandah. Some of them have carports.
12 SLEEPER WITH FIREPLACE: Five bedrooms, one king size, three double and six single beds, 3 bathrooms, lounge with fireplace, kitchen and dining room. This cottage has a carport.
8 SLEEPER WITH FIREPLACE: Four bedrooms, one double bed and six single beds, two bathrooms, lounge with fireplace, kitchen and dining room. This cottage has a carport.
2 SLEEPERS: Bedsitter with double bed, bathroom with bath, kitchen and dinette
This cottage has a carport.
6 SLEEPER: Two bedrooms with single beds and one loft bedroom with two single beds with one bathroom with bath , kitchen/dinette and lounge. This cottage has a carport.
6 SLEEPERS: Three bedrooms, all ensuite one with double bed and two with two singles. Lounge, kitchen and dinette with fireplace and air conditioning. These cottages have a verandah and parking for 2 vehicles.
THATCH COTTAGE ‘PARK HOUSE’ 7 SLEEPER: Three bedrooms, all ensuite, one with double bed, one with three singles and one with two singles. Lounge, kitchen and dinette with fireplace, air conditioning and double carport.
7 SLEEPER: Situated 3 three minutes from the resort on a neighbouring property. Fantastic mountain views. Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, main ensuite. One double bed and five singles. Lounge with fireplace, kitchen and dinette.
All Units (unless otherwise stated) are fully equipped including TV, microwave oven, pots and pans, cutlery, crockery, linen, towels, toilet paper, starter pack of tea/coffee as well as dishwashing liquid, scourer, swab and dishtowel.
Swimming towels are not provided. They do not supply wood for the braai.
Accommodation is serviced daily.
Dogs are welcome, however, they must be kept under strict control and are not to chase poultry and other livestock. The dogs are charged for per night.